Inspired by our own kayaking and wakeboarding vests our dog life jacket uses a unique and patented enclosed design that wraps your dog in an ergonomic, balanced, comfortable and secure flotation jacket.
We take our life jackets seriously because they save dog's lives. We're not trying to be dramatic, but not all dog life jackets are created the same way.
Watch our 2-minute video demonstrating the Float Doggy in action!
Two things make it totally different to other dog life jackets:
The Fully Enclosed Harness
- The only dog life jacket that is enclosed between the front legs - others are open between the front legs
- Enclosed is better for buoyancy, security and comfort, particularly when being lifted flotation in the under-chest panel supports the heavier shoulder area and helps keep the head higher in the water
- Attaching the handle to the full harness supports the dog fully, secures them firmly and eases pressure on soft issue
Curved and Articulated Panels create a more streamlined fit
- Every panel on the Float Doggy is curved to mirror the shape of a dog's body
- Each panel is articulated for flexibility to improve comfort and movement and give streamlined fit
- Panels use different densities of foam to best balance flotation and reduce bulk
- Independent front and rear adjustments allow for different body shapes
- The Float Doggy uses a unique combination of structural design and materials to provide a secure, ergonomic, comfortable fit and balanced flotation.
As with all Stunt Puppy gear, we use the best materials for the job like Cordura® fabrics and Solas® reflective tapes and bar-tack our fastenings for durability and safety.
- Harness construction cradles your dog from below as the buoyancy foam lifts them up providing more balanced and comfortable flotation
- Harness construction secures dogs inside the harness so they cannot wriggle or slip out when being lifted and keeps pressure off soft tissue of throat and belly
- Floatation between the front legs keeps the front end and head higher in the water without craning the dog's head or putting pressure on the throat
- Hinged foam segments allow free movement and a better fit
- Variable density foam complements natural buoyancy
- Tapered panels give a better fit on a range of doggy shapes
- Double adjustment straps secure the jacket evenly and firmly on a range of doggy shapes
- Full-length lifting handle and leash attachment for doggy overboard situations
- Durable construction using Cordura® Nylon and waterproof reflective tapes
- No Velcro or awkward fastenings!
Click on the Float Doggy Size Chart.
MINI (XXS) 1-2.5kg
Teacups - Yorkie, Chihuahua
Toy Breeds - Poodle, Maltese, Mini Dachshund
Small Terriers - Fox, Westie
Border Collie, Std Schnauzer, Heeler
Boxer, Vizsla, Pointer, Labrador, Ridgeback
Grand Pyrenees, Mastiff, Newfoundland
If you are unsure or confused, contact us at email@example.com and we'll do our best to help out. (If you can give us an idea of your dog's size relative to the breeds listed on our sizing chart and an estimation of its weight that is most useful. We have additional information on jacket dimensions we can share with you to help you decide.)
Brilliant lifejacket. My bearded collie x chases everything...motorbikes, weedeaters, cattle etc ...and now, jetskis! I live by Lake Taupo, in New Zealand, and the last couple of times she kept swimming after the jetskis and had to be brought back. The first time, she was picked up 100 metres from shore by a couple on their paddle board. The next time, a lovely blokes swam out to try to turn her around. So, a lifejacket seemed a sensible next step. Maisie is about 30 kg. She has a quite narrow chest shape and stomach area. The large size lifejacket fits her well and is not too bulky.. She is much more visible thanks to the orange material, and she can still run and chase the ball without overheating. In fact I think it helps keep her cool.The handle and lead loop are very useful. I'm really pleased with it.
NEED ANOTHER SIZE or COLOUR or STYLE?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We have regular shipments on order with suppliers and we may have replacement stock on its way, or we could pre-order something specific for you.
Our stock is located in New Zealand and we mail it out in tracked NZ Post courier bags. We import in bulk so you don't have to order from an international location, then wait a loooong time for your purchase to wing its way to NZ. With Odorable, if the size/colour you ordered isn't quite right, no problem! For NZ customers, we send a free return airbag so you can exchange it for another size. To arrange an exchange, email us at email@example.com
Exclusive to Odorable in New Zealand